Boudoir Photoshoot OUTFITS, what should I wear!?
We get asked almost daily, “What outfits should I bring and what outfits should I wear? How many outfits should I bring? Also where should I shop?”
This blog will be dedicated to all these questions and we will provide some options for shopping too!
We love that you have decided to jump into this journey and that you are considering a booking or have already booked your session. If you’d like to talk to us personally for a free consultation please follow the link and connect with us.
Quick look at what outfits to wear at your boudoir photoshoot
- Bring at least 8-10 outfit choices with you (more than that is definitely ok and try to choose a variety for outfits (not all bra and panty sets).
- Bodysuits look great in photos and you can find some great ones at H&M and Forever 21! Also try to bring a variety of colors of lingerie, and accessories to match.
- Choose muted/matte/primary/pastel colors. If you’re a bride to be, a good option is to pick some lingerie that will be the colors of your wedding.
- Bring at least one killer bra (with good support) and panty set.
- If you are self-conscious about your middle, bring at least one corset or bodysuit. Shapewear is PERFECT also. Fitted things will actually be more flattering! We want to show your curves!
- Leave all tags on the outfits you buy! We may not use everything.
Here are some examples of bodysuits to wear at your boudoir photoshoot
When choosing corsets for your boudoir shoot, stick with corsets that have a sweetheart neckline. When corsets are straight in the bust area it flattens your girls instead of flattering them!
- Bring SKIN TONE and BLACK heels. The higher/skinnier the heel, the better. The right heel can actually lengthen and slim your legs!
- If you’re doing a bridal shoot, bring bridal lingerie, garter, veil, etc. if you would like, bring your dress as well.
- Does your significant other like a sports team? Bring their jersey. Other ideas are work shirts, button down shirts, lab coats, work hats, cowboy hats, etc.
- If you have hair extensions, please bring them.
- Please bring a robe to wear in between sets as well.
THINGS TO avoid wearing to your boudoir photoshoot
- AVOID shoes like wedges or flats or anything with straps on the ankles. They will make your legs look shorter. You will see the bottom of your heels in some pictures, so if they are old/worn, you will be able to tell. I do not photoshop the bottom of shoes.
- AVOID “babydoll lingerie” or anything with an empire waist as this will often look like maternity wear on most clients.
- To tan or not to tan? That is the question. Everyone loves a tan! Everyone except the camera. That being said, the camera will often see tans as orange so Please don’t spray tan before your shoot.
We hope this helps you feel confident in looking for gorgeous outfits for your shoot. If you’re worried about your shoot and have questions about boudoir you can always contact us or check out the post we wrote to answer the most common boudoir questions.
Some of our favorite places to shop for outfits
- Victoria Secret
- Honey Birdette
- La Senza
- La Vie en Rose
- Romantic Notions (Spruce Grove, AB)
Please watch for our next blog on dressing for your body shape. We send this information as emails once you book your session as well with more ideas. We are always here to help you and answer any questions.